It was such a pleasure spending the afternoon with this beautiful couple and their amazing fur-baby, Finn. Jamie and Jen are getting married next April at my favorite venue, the Carolina Inn! These two are truly beautiful in the inside as they are on the outside. In the short time I spent with Jamie and Jen, it's obvious that their personalities and love for one another bring out the best in each other. They both radiate warmth, kindness and fun! I look forward to seeing Jamie and Jen tie the knot next spring! Please enjoy this collection from our day.
This pretty lady is officially married! I was honored to photograph Sarah's bridal portraits this past August at the lovely Merrimon-Wynne house in downtown Raleigh! I've said it once, and I'll say it again, the Merrimon-Wynne house doesn't disappoint- the fresh colors, large windows and bright light creates a perfect setting for bridal portraits! Not to mention, Sarah was an absolutely stunning bride and such a joy to work with. I hope you enjoy this small collection from our day!
- Venue- Merrimon Wynne House, Raleigh, NC
- Wedding Dress- Majesty Bridal, Danbury, CT
- Wedding Shoes- Badgley Mischka
- Bridal Jewelry- Diamonds Direct, Raleigh, NC
- Bouquet- Fallon's Flowers, Raleigh, NC
- Hair- Kristen Ferrell, Raleigh, NC
- Makeup- Gabrielle DuVall of Elle Beaute Events, Raleigh NC
I am so excited to share all of the details from Samantha and Joe's wedding day this past May in Raleigh, North Carolina. Samantha and Joe tied the knot on Saturday, May 20th at the Scared Heart Cathedral then celebrated their nuptials inside the Virginia Dare Ballroom on Fayetteville Street. When I met Samantha and Joe a year ago, I knew this journey was going to be special! And without a doubt, it was!
Their day started with a champagne toast, heartfelt love letters and a few happy tears along the way. During the ceremony, Samantha and Joe shared communion with their closest family and friends, read their vows and exchanged rings. After Mr. and Mrs. Richey officially sealed the deal, we took bridal party photos at the North Carolina State Capitol Building, and it worked famously! Additionally, Samantha's Galina Signature gown was absolutely breathtaking and Joe's classic black and white tux was sharp and timeless. I also loved Samantha's bridesmaids dress selection: a classic champagne chiffon gown paired with white and blush bouquets. This neutral color pallet looked stunning and totally chic.
The Bride, Groom and guests enjoyed a tasty buffet of southern food and danced the night away alongside Bunn DJ Company. These two have the kindest souls and most radiant smiles. Working with Samantha and Joe over the past year has been an absolute blessing and I felt so honored to be apart of their day. Samantha and Joe, I am so happy for you both and I wish you the best!
- Wedding Planner and Day of Coordination- Sarah Parsons, Raleigh, NC
- Ceremony Venue- Sacred Heart Cathedral, Raleigh, NC
- Reception Venue- The Virginia Dare Ballroom at Sir Walter Apartments, Raleigh, NC
- DJ- Bunn DJ Company, Raleigh, NC
- Catering- Southern Harvest Catering, Raleigh, NC
- Hair- Ashely McCauley Hair, Salon Veritas, Raleigh, NC
- Makeup- Emily Oxendine, Raleigh, NC
- Cake- Brenna Keenan, Whole Foods, Raleigh, NC
- Florals- Sharon McDaniel, Whole Foods, Raleigh, NC
- Second Shooter- Lindsey Cash, Raleigh, NC
- Wedding Gown- Galina Signature
- Bridesmaids Dresses- White, by Vera Wang
- Bridal Shoes- Betsy Johnson
- Tuxedos- The Black Tux
I am so thrilled and honored to share all of the details from Erin and Bret's wedding day this past April in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Erin and Bret tied the knot on Saturday, April 22nd at the 1870 Farm on a sunny and ever-so-perfect North Carolina spring day- in fact, it just so happened to be Earth Day! But before I continue, I have to be honest and say, that this wedding holds a VERY special place in my heart. I've had the honor of knowing Erin and Bret since high school! I remember when they first started dating when I was a Senior in AP English with Bret and Ceramics with Erin. I have loved seeing their relationship grow and evolve into the force that it is today.
All of the details that Erin and Bret chose to include were meaningful and intentional, and it certainly showed! Throughout the day, I kept saying to myself, "This day fits Erin and Bret so perfectly!" Every detail that they included, encompassed their story, personalities and love perfectly. After an emotional first look and a quick rain shower, Erin and Bret were married in front of an intimate group under an old deeply rooted tree. It was one of the most beautiful and loving ceremonies that I have witnessed as a wedding photographer. Tears fell as Erin walked down the aisle, and again when the two read their personally crafted vows in front of their closest family and friends.
After the Erin and Bret officially sealed the deal, they were greeted by additional guests to enjoy a delicious meal from the popular food truck, the Wandering Moose! The newlyweds danced the night away under the stars in Chapel Hill and were sent off by a sparkler exit at the end of the night.
I am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to work with Erin and Bret through out this journey. Erin and Bret, thank you so much for trusting me to capture your special day! I can't wait to see you two again very soon!
A special thank you to all of the wonderful vendors below, for creating a seamless and unforgettable day!
- Wedding Planner and Day of Coordination- Get Christine Events, Raleigh, NC
- Venue- 1870 farm, Chapel Hill, NC
- Vintage Rentals- Farm and Filigree, Hurdle Mills, NC
- Makeup- Michelle Clark, Raleigh, NC
- Florals- North Raleigh Florist, Raleigh, NC
- DJ- Stylus Events, Apex, NC
- Hair- Kristen Ferrell, NC
- Food Truck- Wandering Moose, Raleigh and Durham, NC
- Bar Services and Catering- Beau Catering, Hillsborough, NC
- Baker- Clarkes Cakes, NC
- Donuts- Rise Biscuits and Donuts, Carrboro
- Second Shooter- Kelsey Nelson, Cary, NC
This gorgeous lady is officially married to the man of her dreams! I was honored to photograph Samantha's bridal portraits this past spring at the Leslie-Alford Mims House in Holly Springs, NC. This venue is perfect for a modern and stylish Southern bride- the white walls, hard wood floors and stunning vintage furniture creates the perfect backdrop! Not to mention, Samantha's dress was breathtaking and her smile was flawless! Enjoy this small collection from our day!
- Venue- Leslie-Alford Mims House
- Wedding Gown Designer- Galina Signature
- Hair Stylist- by Ashley McCauley, Salon Veritas
- Makeup Artist- Nicolette Mihaela, Salon Veritas
I had the absolute best time roaming around Doretha Dix park with Melissa, Daniel and their adorable pups this past month! We spent the warm North Carolina afternoon, laughing, getting to know each other and chatting about Melissa and Daniel's big day next year! I love when I meet a couple for the first time, and it instantly feels like we've been friends for years. Melissa and Daniel were total naturals behind the camera and I am so excited to photograph their wedding day at the Merrimon-Wynne house next spring!
Congrats loves, I can't wait to see you both again soon!
I am so excited to share all of the lovely details from the Tompkins-George wedding day this past March in Wilmington, NC. Mr. and Mrs. Tompkins tied the knot on Saturday, March 4th, 2017 at the Brooklyn Arts Center in downtown Wilmington. I fell in love with the Julia's full-lace Costal Knot gown, romantic chiffon bridesmaids dresses, timeless reception decor and a lively band that knocked our socks off!
Julia and Luke were a dream to work with throughout their engagement and wedding day! These two are truly one of the kindest couples that I have had the honor to photograph. Their wedding day was filled with love and support from everyone that walked in the door. My favorite moment from this day, was seeing Luke's face when Julia walked down the aisle. It was a moment that every bride dreams of- completely breathtaking!
I am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to work with Julia and Luke this past year. Julia and Luke, thank you so much for trusting me to capture your special day! I can't wait to see you two again very soon!
A special thank you to all of the wonderful vendors below, for creating a seamless and unforgettable day!
- Ceremony and Reception Venue- Brooklyn Arts Center, Wilmington, NC
- Wedding Planner- Design A Dream Events, Wilmington, NC
- Wedding Gown- Costal Knot Bridal, Wilmington, NC
- Bridesmaids Dresses- Bella Bridesmaids, Cary, NC
- Catering- Middle of the Island, Wilmington, NC
- Band- Bull City Syndicate, Durham, NC
- Florist- Verzaal's Florist, Wilmington, NC
- Rentals- Party Suppliers and Rentals, Wilmington, NC
- Wedding Cake- One Belle Bakery, Wilmington, NC
- Champagne Glasses- Naturally Chic Gifts, Raleigh, NC
- Hair and Make Up Stylists- Mercy's Hair Designs, Wilmington, NC
- Lighting- Illuminating Events, Wilmington, NC
- Second Shooter- Anna Holcombe Photography, Wilmington, NC
This pretty lady is officially married! I was honored to photograph Julia's bridal portraits this past January at the Brooklyn Arts Center at St. Andrews in Wilmington, NC! Julia is one of the sweetest and most genuine brides I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Her gown was flawless and her smile was radiant! I hope you enjoy this small collection from our day!
- Venue- Brooklyn Arts Center at St. Andrews, NC
- Wedding Dress- Coastal Knot, Wilmingotn, NC
- Bouquet- Verzaals, Wilmington, NC
I am so thrilled to share all of the lovely details from Catherine and Seth's wedding day this past December at the Merrimon-Wynne house in Raleigh, NC. Mr. and Mrs. Thompson sealed the deal on Saturday, December 10th, 2016. This wedding was timeless, classic and full of love! The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement and love for this sweet couple. Everything about this day made me smile! I especially loved the bold maroon-colored bridesmaid dresses, Catherine's lace wedding gown, bedazzled Kate Spade reception sneakers and a special mistletoe ceremony surprise!
The Bride, Groom and guests celebrated the night away alongside tasty southern food and one of North Carolina's finest bands, the Al Williams Band. I am so incredibly lucky that I was given the opportunity to work with Catherine and Seth this past year. Catherine and Seth, thank you so much for trusting me to capture your special day! I am so happy for you both and I wish you the best!
- Ceremony and Reception Venue- Merrimon-Wynne House, Raleigh, NC
- Wedding Planner- Kristen Shaffer, Raleigh, NC
- Catering- McCall's Bar-B-Que and Seafood, Clayton, NC
- Band- Al Williams Band, Raleigh, NC
- Florist- Teacup Floral, Garner, NC
- Wedding Cake- Nantucket Grill and Bakery, Raleigh, NC
- Hair and Make Up Stylists- Hair and Makeup by Mattie Jordan, Raleigh, NC
- Second Shooter- Radian Photography, Durham, NC
This sweet family of three is so special to me! I've known Meredith and Vance for a very long time (almost 10 years, wow!) and it has been such an honor to be apart of their lives. In college, Meredith and I were sorority sisters AND study abroad buddies in Italy. A few years later I watched her marry the man of her dreams at the Carolina Inn. And today, I'm blessed with the opportunity to share a small collection from their new born session! I feel so lucky to have watched this family grow! Baby Hayes, I can't wait to see you again!
My last engagement session of 2016 is here! YAY! I am so blessed to have an opportunity to work with such wonderful couples, and Liz and Kevin are no exception! We had the best time chasing the sun at Fred Fletcher park in Raleigh, NC this past fall. And not to mention, we found this incredible lilac colored plant that created some amazing pictures! These two are incredibly sweet and joyful and I am beyond thrilled to capture their big day next September! Congrats on your engagement and I look forward to seeing you again very soon!
A speical thanks (and big hugs) to all of my wonderful blog followers, your love and support means the world to me! Happy Holidays friends!
I sincerely love all the couples that I have the opportunity to meet and work with- but I go way back with these two! Bret and Erin are Durham School of the Arts high school sweethearts! In fact, I remember AP English class with Bret and Ceramics with Erin during my junior year- I can even remember when they started dating! I am so honored to capture Erin and Bret's love story and I cannot wait to photograph their big day next spring! Please enjoy this small collection from our day!
I am thrilled to share all the lovely details from Dakota and Jacob's wedding day this past fall in Beaufort, NC. Dakota and Jacob tied the knot on September 17th at an intimate chapel next to the Beaufort waterfront. Over the course of the day, I had a blast taking photos at the family beach house, on the beach (with my toes in the sand) and under the old majestic cypress trees. The setting and weather was absolutely perfect!
I am so incredibly lucky that I was given the opportunity to work with Dakota and Jacob this past year. From the moment I met Dakota and Jacob, I knew they had found something special. The joy on their faces was so evident and and so amazing! Dakota and Jacob, Thank you so much for allowing me to capture your special day! I am so happy for you both and I wish you the best!
- Ceremony Venue- St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Beaufort, NC
- Reception Venue- Double Tree, Atlantic Beach, NC
- Wedding Cake- Hales Bakery, Newport, NC
- DJ- CK Entertainment, Trent Woods, NC
- Florist- Tildy Designs, Morehead, NC
- Hair Stylists- Jen Smith
- Make Up Stylists- Taylor Paker
- Second Shooter- Lauren Kerns of Megan Kerns Photography, Raleigh, NC